Saturday, July 18, 2009

Happy 1 month Gotcha day!!!

One Month Brooke Update Since being home!
Today is one month since we got Brooke. I can't believe that it has already been one month. Time has flown by like always. Brooke has continued to be such a wonderful and energetic little girl. She continues to sleep well, although she has woken up a couple of time during the middle of the night......She really spoiled us ......and we continue to spoil her! She is crawling, sitting, pulling to a standing position and enjoys jumping in her jumper. She started eating foods right when we got home. She is turning out to be a good eater. Shortly after we returned home she had her doctors appointment. Everything was perfect, except for getting her immunizations. I had never seen her cry like that. So sad! Brooke has a mild flat spot on the right posterior scalp, probably positional, this has caused some minor protrusion of the right forehead. Her doctor was not worried about it, but I really noticed it and I think I started to see changes even in her updated photos from Taiwan. I decided to get her evaluated by the Orthotics and Prosthetics specialist in town. He said that she does meet the criteria to correct this. This means she will have to wear a helmet 23 hours a day for probably 3 months, could be shorter or longer depending on how fast she grows. We must work fast because it needs to happen before she is a year when all of the fontanels start to close. Most people don't notice and I guess I sort of feel guilty that I will put her through this, but I feel like I need to do everything possible for her and this is one of those things. So hopefully it will be harder on us than on her. I will try to update my blog on a monthly basis, but if any parties or fun milestones occur I will chime in sooner. Hope this update finds that all of you are doing well. Connor and Luke with Brooke. They are really great with her and she loves them. They know how to get the biggest belly laughs out of her. Most of the time they just say her name and she starts to giggle.


Connor, Brooke and Luke.....They call her "Brookie"....it's pretty cute!




Today was a big day for Brooke. She met my very close friends/family Kelly and Kayla Spickler who came down for the Keith Urban concert. We did a little shopping with them and then went to the Cheese Cake Factory....She waas really good. However, right at the end of the meal, she became a little verbal about her feelings of continuing to sit on my lap.....We left with a bang!



Love the smile under the Binky!





Happy 4th of July!!!! Brooke is with her Grandma Meg on the 4th!!! Once grandma and grandpa saw how much she loved jumping they were off to get her the cutest little bouncer.




Brooke went to her very Party just a few days after getting home. We went to cousin Karen's 50th Surprise birthday party. We had lots of fun. She had a chance to meet some of the family and friends. She did very well....and I must say looked very cute!



Brooke with Papa Jim on the 4th of July.



Brooke learning about the computer with Daddy!



Brooke's first outting was at the Macaroni Grill. We met our close friends/"family" who came into town for dinner the night before their big bike race, "Climb to Kaiser", which is a very tough climbing bike ride that takes about 15 hours depending on your strength. So they were all getting their carbs in! We had a great time and she was so amazing.


Good Morning Little Miss Brooke! Giving Brother some loves. She is a very good cuddler!












7 comments:

  1. Love all the smiles!!! I can tell her big brothers just adore her too - what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SHe's absolutely adorable!!! I just love the last picture with her brother!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the pics! Good for you for advocating for Brooke and taking her to a specialist. Glad that you are getting that done in time. Way to go Mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the pictures! I love updates! Brooke is beautiful and I just love the way she seems to complete your family in the most perfect of ways!

    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie,
    She is just a doll, congrats on a wonderful couple months home already
    I love the pic of her sleeping the first night home-we have a duplicate to that of Kendell (and momma) our first night home from Russia 9 years ago-
    Enjoy those early days, they grow up way tooooo fast.
    Blessings
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. So exciting to see precious Brooke again yesterday in her very stylish helmet! She has already grown and is growing even more precious every time we see her! Thanks for blessing our lives with her! Love, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure if you even check this blog anymore, but Brooke is so adorable!! My husband and I are just beginning our adoption journey, likely to Taiwan, so we obviously love reading through stories like this ;-)
    God bless,
    http://expectingablessing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete