Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Meeting Big Brothers...and grandma too

We took off from Taiwan around 7:50pm at night. Brooke was ready for bed, so this little bassinet worked out great! The flight was a little bumpy due to a Typhoon that was going through Japan, so I did have to hold her for a little while. The bassinet was great, because it allowed me and Jon to be able to eat together and it allowed me to "try" and sleep. Although I must say, it was very difficult to get any sleep on the way back. Brooke was great and the crew on the plane even commented on what a "good" baby she was.....of course they all commented on how beautiful she was too,..............................! When we arrived in San Francisco, we went through immigration without any problems. The line was a bit long, but no problems. We called Albert, who was picking us up at the airport. He arrived around 6pm.


This is Albert and Jenny's beautiful girls, Amanda and Lauren. Brooke just loved them.


We finally arrived home about midnight. Luke, Connor and grandma were waiting up. They just couldn't wait to meet Brooke. Brooke had slept the entire 3 hours that it took to drive back to Fresno. When we got home, she was very excited to meet the boys and went happily to them. The boys were sooooo excited. Luke kept saying "I just can't believe this".....and Connor kept saying "ohhhhh......I just love her soooo much"......Jon and I couldn't have asked for a better connection between the boys and Brooke.



This is grandma Janice with her first and only grand daughter!!!!!!!!! She fell in love immediately.....actually, she was already in love with her even before she met her!




Connor, Brooke and big brother Luke....... Two happy brothers, so excited to take care of their sissy!!!!


Connor and Brooke. He was very sweet with her......I can't express the feelings I had during these moments when the boys were meeting there sister, all I can say is that it was absolutely Amazing......another blessing witnessed.


After a long flight, and the BIG meeting with her brothers' and grandma Janice, we gave Brooke her first bath at home. She loved it! After bath time, I gave her a bottle and she went right down. It was about 2am.



This is Brooke in her crib. Connor took a quick snap shot before she woke up this morning. Again, I am truly amazed. After, going to bed at 2am she did not wake up until 10:45am. She had a bottle and then went down before 12pm and slept for another 3 hours. WOW!!!

Luke and Connor had a lot of fun with Brooke this morning. They were very excited to play with her. When I picked Brooke up from the foster mother, I was told that she drinks 160cc of milk every 4 hours. In Taiwan, we increased it to 180cc, then 200cc; today I fed her 220cc and then an hour later she drank another 140cc. She is definitely ready for food!!!









7 comments:

  1. What a sweet reaction from your boys! So happy you're home and doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing your boys with their sister! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great homecoming. It is so great to see how loving your boys are toward Brooke. She is a good sleeper. Wow. That is great.
    You have such a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HALLELUJAH!! The Caldwell family is finally complete! So great to see all the pictures and thank you for staying up last night to update for us! We can't wait to meet the new member of the family! Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am soo happy for you all..the boys look so happy to finally meet her great pictures...glad you made it back safe. see you soon!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome home Julie, Jon and Brooke! Luke and Connor look over the moon happy to be big bros. Brought tears to my eyes. What an amazing journey you were on and yet another amazing journey awaits you:) Hope the good sleeping keeps up for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie,

    My sincerest congratulations on the adoption of your beautiful daughter! I am glad to hear that your transition home is going so well. You are all so blessed! Enjoy introducing your precious Brooke to family and friends. We look forward to meeting her as well. She is such a doll!!!

    Blessings,
    Tisha

    ReplyDelete