Friday, June 19, 2009

Traveling around Taiwan with Brooke!

Today is Saturday, June 20th. Yesterday we had our AIT appointment to get Brooke's VISA. There were a ton of paperwork issues but needless to say with the help of our Congressional office everything was there on time.
After we finished there, we met up with Mr. Yeh and headed to Wulai Village. Wulai is very beautiful............. Very Green and tropical. It reminded me of Hawaii. Jon kept saying that we need to come back here and stay with all of the kids.This is a picture from the Tram that we had to take over to the other side of the Mountain, where there was a beautiful resort called, Yun-Hsien Resort. Once we got there, however, Our Camera was out of batteries....so unfortunately not many picture were taken. It ended up raining and thundering, but it was still gorgeous. The Yun-Hsien Resort had beautiful waterfalls, an amusement park, an amazing swimming pool and a very peaceful boat paddling area. There was much morethere that we didn't get to see.


This is a picture from the Tram of one of the waterfalls over by the Resort Hotel.

This is me and Jon standing in the Tram prior to our take off to the other side where the Resort is located. When we returned from the tram, we went and watched the Aborigine Dance which is one of the native dances in Taiwan, Wulai area.



This is little Brooke this morning. She is amazing. She went to bed at 8pm and slept until 5:30am had a bottle, played for maybe 15-20 minutes and was rubbing her eyes again. I remembered Mrs.Liao had said that she goes to bed at 10pm, wakes up at 6am for a bottle and then goes back down and sleeps until 10am.....Well she went down about 6ish am and is still sleeping and it is 9:20am. I took a shower, did my make-up and Jon went for a run and went swimming and she is still asleep.....I think Jon wishes he would have extended his workout :o) !! Guess Mrs. Liao knew what she was talking about.

This is Brooke from Yesterday in the car on our way to AIT. She is really a love bug. She loves to be held and cuddled. I can tell she was really taken well care of. After Brooke wakes up, we will do breakfast and then we have a free day to tour on our own. We will meet up with one of Jon's friends from Med. School who lives in Taiwan tonight. So if she continues to do so well.....I can continue to update you all.
I forgot to let you all know that on Gotcha day, Brooke was great until we got to the Hotel and she realized Mrs. Liao was no where in site. She cried for hours. Jon and I thought walking her outside would help...which it did some, but when we tried to actually sit down and eat, forget it. She cried for several hours......it reminded me of Luke's "cranky time" when he was little. Nothing I could do could ever make her completely happy. Finally, I just laid her in her crib around 10pm and she calmed down and slept the entire night........We were both soooo exhausted. This is also why there were so many spelling errors on that blog....I did go back and correct them :0)




11 comments:

  1. Julie, glad to hear that all is going well! So great that Brooke is such a good sleeper! I mentioned before that Brady had Ms. Liao too and he has always been a great sleeper, so she must have a way with them or something!!!

    I hope things continue to go smoothly!!! Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great what a sweetie.. we are so happy you both..cant wait to meet her. I have been following but having problems signing up..finally got...i feel like i am there with you..love you guys
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. So delighted to get another update and hear more about your new little one! So glad that she is sleeping and I'm sure is feeling so blessed in your arms! I hope you are having a great Saturday! Can't wait to hear more! Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brooke is such a sweetie and its a really good sign that she is grieving for Mrs Liao, it shows she knows how to attach and bond. Of course I know it doesn't feel like a good thing when she is crying!

    The waterfalls look beautiful, we never made it out to there - next time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on making through AIT! What a relief!!!

    Your experience with Brooke is so similar to that of Willa. Willa also was happy after we left Ms. Liao but then when we got to the hotel she cried forever! Willa did not sleep in her crib though (or at all despite that she was on the same schedule as Brooke) so I'm thrilled that Brooke is sleeping well for you! That will great help everyone!

    Glad you made it to Wulai! I hope you have a great free day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is such an exciting time. I love the scenic pictures, especially the waterfall. Brooke is just so adorable. The picture of her sleeping is so sweet. Sorry to hear that Brooke had a hard greiving night. I am sure that was heartbreaking for you.I am so happy AIT came together in time. Can't wait for your next post. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear your paperwork got to AIT and Brooke had a good day yesterday! You sound (?)so happy in your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're so happy for you that everything is going so well and everything worked out for your AIT appointment! Brooke is such a sweetie!

    Mike & Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are in prayer for all of you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for sharing all of your adventures! I have been praying a lot for all of you on your magnificent journey. What a wonderful addition to your brilliant lives! You are truly great and special people and I am so very happy for you.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too have had problems posting but wanted to say thanks for including all of us on your journey to you sweet Brooke. Enjoyed all the photos and seeing how happy you all are to have her.... A trip you will never forget.
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!Hope your flight home is a quiet one.... Safe travels.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete